Tuesday, July 06, 2004

you've *got* to be kidding me

I just finished my first day as a teacher, followed by a 3 hour nap during which I missed

1. dinner
2. a mandatory meeting
3. one of my collaborative members randomly deciding to leave for the night and go drinking with friends.

Not only did our faculty advisor tell us that we were selfish and ineffective, but that the kids didn't learn anything today, and it all "went over their heads." We started the period with 4 students, ended with 6, and have absolutely no idea how many will be in class tomorrow. I have no idea what my partner is teaching tomorrow in the second half of our class, and have received lukewarm (at best) responses to my efforts at lesson coordination, so our kids think we look like assholes who don't communicate and who have no idea what's going on.

I am not allowed to print copies, make copies, or in any way transfer digital documents to a print form (which might be useful for classroom activities, yes?) unless i purchase MY OWN PERSONAL PRINTER because my print password does not function in ANY of the 5 computer labs at Fordham, 3 copy machines broke at 9:00 pm (the copy center closes at 12:00 am) and so they stopped taking orders for copies at 10:15. At 10:15, there were approximately 85 people in line for copies.

Apparently this is BUSINESS AS USUAL at the Institute.

You have GOT to be kidding me.

No comments: