Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Dates and Deadlines

Yay for posting at work, eh?

It's a beautiful day today, finally. Rain and more rain in store for the East Coast; I went to the NOAA website to check up on Isabella, and yesterday it was headed straight for Va Beach. Luckily it's starting to turn a little south, so Tidewater might miss out on the brunt of the storm. I wish I were at home for hurricane season...it's always interesting.

In the meantime, life goes on here, rather quickly. A little too quickly as far as I'm concerned, because all sorts of important dates are getting nearer. My lovely roommate and assorted friends are organizing a 3 day long 'Thea turns 21 extravaganza' starting on the 18th, which confounds me a little. No shit, I really didn't realize that I had that many acquaintances and random friends at Haverford; it's nice to be reminded that there are some people out in the world who care about your presence. I forget that at times, especially during the dehumanizing process of fellowship application and all that bullshit. Taking into account my 3-4 year string of shitty birthdays (me always ending up in pajamas and tears by about 8:00 or 9:00 pm for one silly reason or another), I don't want to get my hopes up with expectations of good times, but I can't help but be a little bit excited about it. If I get my photo assignment done, the Watson polished, and my work for next week started [aka perform the impossible task of staying dilligent] it should be a kick ass weekend (as those kids are known to say).

Haven't had any graded work yet, so of course academically speaking I'm in a good mood, and my internship in Philly starts up again after a 9 month hiatus. It will be fun to be back in Old City on Friday afternoons; gives me a bit of stability, even if it does take a huge chunk of time out of my schedule.

Well, I probably shouldn't be wasting any more time writing here, when there's so much more writing to be done for other things...back to the grind =)

No comments: