Saturday, December 20, 2003

I HATE AMTRAK I HATE AMTRAK I HATE AMTRAK I HATE AMTRAK

Times 40, at the very least. Am never taking the train again.

I'm back at home in Va Beach, despite Amtrak's best efforts to keep me away, and am about to depart for Kiawah Island, SC for the annual Williamson clan gathering. It's freezing down there, which is counterintuative because there's also palm trees. It is also freezing in our house, because my parents like to "save money" on heating in the wintertime. I told my dad while we were watching Goldfinger last night that "I can't feel my toes" to which he replied: "That's what blankets are for. Am dubious as to how cost-effective this whole no heat policy is. At least my fat furry cat was there to share the warmth [aaaww].

So Amtrak.

Alas, but time runs short. Time to hit the road!

No comments: